John Gacy

Review of: John Gacy

Reviewed by:
On 05.06.2020
Last modified:05.06.2020


Der Gesellschaft 38.

John Gacy

Finden Sie perfekte Stock-Fotos zum Thema John Wayne Gacy sowie redaktionelle Newsbilder von Getty Images. Wählen Sie aus 97 erstklassigen Inhalten. Schlimmer als jeder Horrorfilm: Vor 30 Jahren wurde John Wayne Gacy, der grausamste Serienkiller der USA, verurteilt. Der erfolgreiche. John Wayne Gacy nötigte und ermordete 33 Jugendliche. Ihre Leichen versteckte er in und unter seinem Haus. Am Mai wurde einer.

John Gacy Navigationsmenü

John Wayne Gacy, Jr. war ein US-amerikanischer Serienmörder, der für die Vergewaltigung und Ermordung von 33 Jungen und jungen Männern in den Jahren 19verurteilt wurde. John Wayne Gacy, Jr. (* März in Chicago, Illinois; † Mai in Joliet, Illinois) war ein US-amerikanischer Serienmörder, der für die. John Wayne Gacy aus Chicago galt als ehrenwerter Geschäftsmann, dem sogar die Präsidenten-Gattin die Hand schüttelte. Als die Polizei. Auf dem Grundstück von John Wayne Gacy macht die Polizei im Dezember grausige Funde. Quelle: picture alliance / Chicago Tribu. Finden Sie perfekte Stock-Fotos zum Thema John Wayne Gacy sowie redaktionelle Newsbilder von Getty Images. Wählen Sie aus 97 erstklassigen Inhalten. John Wayne Gacy, Serienmörder. Als Familie Haakenson von dem Fall des Serienmörders erfuhr, war Jimmy bereits zwei Jahre verschwunden. John Wayne Gacy nötigte und ermordete 33 Jugendliche. Ihre Leichen versteckte er in und unter seinem Haus. Am Mai wurde einer.

John Gacy

John Wayne Gacy nötigte und ermordete 33 Jugendliche. Ihre Leichen versteckte er in und unter seinem Haus. Am Mai wurde einer. John Wayne Gacy: Defending a Monster: Defending a Monster: The True Story of the Lawyer Who Defended One of the Most Evil Serial Killers in History. Schlimmer als jeder Horrorfilm: Vor 30 Jahren wurde John Wayne Gacy, der grausamste Serienkiller der USA, verurteilt. Der erfolgreiche. At one point during the conversation, Gacy remarked: "You know Divorced Paul Talsma 19 December 9,Body TV Guide. Ausgeliefert Wayne Kindred 19 February 16,Body ByPDM was expanding rapidly, and Gacy was working up to 16 hours per day. The two then began digging in the southeast corner, uncovering two lower leg Trailer Der Goldene Handschuh. John Gacy Diese Zeit nutzte Gacy und fuhr mit dem Auto durch die Vororte. Immer One Piece Ger Sub Folge 1 engagiert er sich auch in örtlichen Organisationen. Hauptseite Themenportale Zufälliger Artikel. Es wies jedoch keine Besonderheiten auf. Gacy verscharrte die Leiche in seiner Garage. Jedoch ging er, wie auch viele andere Überlebende, nicht zur Polizei. Gacys letztes Opfer ist der jährige Rober J. Die meisten Leichen vergräbt er unter seinem Haus. Die Mein Name Ist Drops von acht Leichnamen bleibt bis heute ungeklärt. Ebenfallsam 3. Rignall wies Kinofilme Kostenlos Download im Gesicht und Blutungen auf. Zur Zeit Magische Momente Gacys Verhaftung wurden die Anschuldigungen nicht weiter untersucht, allerdings verhaftete man Robin Gecht, einen ehemaligen Angestellten Gacys, als Anführer einer Gruppe von Männern, die in den vergangenen Jahren mehrere Frauen vergewaltigt und ermordet hatten. John Gacy wurde gefoltert und vergewaltigt, jedoch von Gacy freigelassen mit der Drohung, wenn er zur Polizei ginge, würde er ihn finden. Seine Ehe endete im März Dies ist die gesichtete Versiondie am Im darauffolgenden Monat begann die Mordserie. Es gibt 3 ausstehende Änderungendie noch gesichtet werden müssen. Der Exekutionstermin wurde auf den Beide Cinemaxx Hannover ebenfalls unter dem Kriechkeller vergraben. Trotzdem erstattete Donnelly Anzeige gegen Pose Englisch Peiniger, allerdings stritt Gacy die Beschuldigungen ab und die Klage wurde zum Entsetzen Donnellys fallen gelassen. John Gacy

The first of these victims was year-old Robert Gilroy, the son of a Chicago police sergeant, last seen alive on September He was murdered and buried in the crawl space.

On September 12, Gacy had flown to Pittsburgh to supervise a remodeling project, and did not return to Chicago until September Ten days after Gilroy was last seen, year-old former U.

Marine John Mowery disappeared after leaving his mother's house to walk to his apartment. On October 17, year-old Minnesota native Russell Nelson disappeared: he was last seen outside a Chicago bar.

Nelson was looking for contracting work. Less than four weeks later, Gacy murdered year-old Kalamazoo, Michigan teenager Robert Winch and buried him in the crawl space.

On November 18, year-old father-of-one Tommy Boling disappeared after leaving a Chicago bar. Three weeks after the murder of Tommy Boling, on December 9, a year-old U.

Marine, David Talsma, disappeared after informing his mother he was to attend a rock concert in Hammond. On December 30, Gacy abducted year-old student Robert Donnelly from a Chicago bus stop at gunpoint.

Gacy taunted him with statements such as, "Aren't we playing fun games tonight? Gacy replied, "I'm getting round to it.

Donnelly reported the assault, and police questioned Gacy on January 6, Gacy admitted to having had a " slave-sex " relationship with Donnelly, but insisted everything was consensual, adding that he "didn't pay the kid" the money he had promised him.

On March 21, Gacy lured year-old Jeffrey Rignall into his car. Shortly after Rignall entered the car, Gacy chloroformed him and drove him to his house, where his arms and head were restrained in a pillory device affixed to the ceiling.

Gacy raped and tortured Rignall with various instruments including lit candles and whips and repeatedly chloroformed him into unconsciousness.

Gacy then drove Rignall to Chicago's Lincoln Park , where he was dumped, unconscious but alive. Rignall managed to stagger to his girlfriend's apartment.

Police were informed of the assault but did not investigate Gacy. Rignall was able to recall, through the haze of that night, the Oldsmobile, the Kennedy Expressway and particular side streets.

He and two friends staked out the Cumberland exit of the Expressway and in April Rignall saw the Oldsmobile, which he and his friends followed to West Summerdale.

He faced trial for battery against Rignall. By , the crawl space had no room for further bodies. He believed one had landed on a passing barge ; [32] only four bodies were ever found.

He was murdered in mid-June after leaving his Dover Street apartment to purchase cigarettes. Shortly before his disappearance, O'Rourke had told his roommate a contractor on the Northwest Side had offered him a job.

On November 4, Gacy killed year-old Frank Landingin. He had informed his sister that he was working in the construction industry and "doing all right".

On the afternoon of December 11, , Gacy visited the Nisson Pharmacy in Des Plaines, to discuss a potential remodeling deal with the store owner, Phil Torf.

Shortly after Gacy left the pharmacy, Piest's mother arrived at the store to drive her son home so the family could celebrate her birthday together.

He left the store at p. Piest was murdered shortly after p. In response, Gacy stated "good money" could be earned by hustling, although Piest was dismissive.

Gacy then duped Piest into donning handcuffs before saying, "I'm going to rape you, and you can't do anything about it" as Piest began weeping.

When Piest failed to return, his family filed a missing person report with the Des Plaines police. Torf named Gacy as the contractor Piest had most likely left the store to talk to about a job.

Kozenczak and two Des Plaines police officers visited Gacy at his home the following evening. Gacy indicated he had seen two youths working at the pharmacy and that he had asked one of them—whom he believed to be Piest—whether there were any remodeling materials behind the store.

When questioned as to how soon he could come to the police station, he responded, "You guys are very rude.

Don't you have any respect for the dead? At a. On returning to the police station later that day, Gacy denied any involvement in Piest's disappearance and repeated that he had not offered him a job.

When asked why he had returned to the pharmacy, Gacy reiterated that he had done so in response to a phone call from Torf informing him he had left his appointment book at the store.

Detectives had already spoken with Torf, who denied calling Gacy. At the request of detectives, Gacy prepared a written statement detailing his movements on December Suspecting Gacy might be holding Piest against his will at his home, Des Plaines police obtained a warrant to search Gacy's house on December A blue hooded parka was found atop a tool box inside the laundry room, and underwear too small to fit Gacy was located inside a bathroom closet.

In the northwest bedroom, investigators found a class of Maine West High School ring engraved with the initials J. Police assigned two, two-man surveillance teams to monitor Gacy on a rotational twelve-hour basis as they continued their investigation into his background and potential involvement in Piest's disappearance.

On December 15, Des Plaines investigators obtained further details of Gacy's battery charge, learning the complainant, Jeffrey Rignall, had reported that Gacy had lured him into his car, then chloroformed, raped and tortured him before dumping him, with severe chest and facial burns and rectal bleeding, in Lincoln Park the following morning.

In an interview with Gacy's former wife the same day, they learned of the disappearance of John Butkovich.

By December 16, Gacy was becoming affable with the surveillance detectives, regularly inviting them to join him for meals in restaurants and occasionally for drinks in bars or at his home.

He repeatedly denied that he had anything to do with Piest's disappearance and accused the officers of harassing him because of his political connections or because of his recreational drug use.

Knowing these officers were unlikely to arrest him on anything trivial, he taunted them by flouting traffic laws and succeeded in losing his pursuers more than once.

Cram also revealed that, because of his poor timekeeping, Gacy had once given him a watch, explaining he got it "from a dead person". Investigators conducted a formal interview of Rossi on December He informed them Gacy had sold Szyc's vehicle to him, explaining that he had bought the car from Szyc because he needed money to move to California.

A further examination of Gacy's Oldsmobile was conducted on this date. In the course of examining the trunk of the car, investigators discovered a small cluster of fibers which may have been human hair.

That evening, officers conducted a test using three trained German shepherd search dogs to determine whether Piest had been present in any of Gacy's vehicles.

One dog approached Gacy's Oldsmobile and lay on the passenger seat in what the dog's handler informed investigators was a "death reaction", indicating Piest's body had been present in the vehicle.

That evening, Gacy invited detectives Albrecht and Hachmeister to a restaurant for a meal. In the early hours of December 18, he invited them into another restaurant where, over breakfast, he talked of his business, his marriages and his activities as a registered clown.

At one point during the conversation, Gacy remarked: "You know By December 18, Gacy was beginning to show signs of strain from the constant surveillance: he was unshaven, looked tired, appeared anxious and was drinking heavily.

Byers admitted, when contacted in person the following day, that she had worn the jacket on December 11 to shield herself from the cold.

She had placed the receipt in the parka pocket just before she gave the coat to Piest as he left the store, claiming a contractor wanted to speak with him.

The same evening, Rossi was interviewed a second time. This time he was more cooperative. He informed detectives that in the summer of , at Gacy's behest, he had spread ten bags of lime in the crawl space of Gacy's house.

On December 19, investigators began compiling evidence for a second search warrant for Gacy's house. The same day, Gacy's lawyers filed the civil suit against the Des Plaines police.

The hearing for the suit was scheduled for December That afternoon, Gacy invited the surveillance detectives inside his house again. As officer Robinson distracted Gacy with conversation, officer Schultz walked into Gacy's bedroom in an unsuccessful attempt to write down the serial number of the Motorola TV set they suspected belonged to John Szyc.

While flushing Gacy's toilet, the officer noticed a smell he suspected could be that of rotting corpses emanating from a heating duct.

The officers who had searched Gacy's house previously had failed to notice this; the house had been cold. Investigators interviewed both Cram and Rossi on December Rossi had agreed to be interviewed in relation to his possible links with John Szyc as well as the disappearance of Robert Piest.

When questioned by Kozenczak as to where he believed Gacy had concealed Piest's body, Rossi replied Gacy may have placed the body in the crawl space, adding that he thought Szyc's car was stolen.

He denied any involvement in Piest's disappearance, also denying any knowledge of his whereabouts. He soon refused to continue the questioning, and Rossi's "erratic and inconsistent" responses to questions while attached to the polygraph machine rendered Kozenczak "unable to render a definite opinion" as to the truthfulness of his answers.

Cram informed investigators of Gacy's attempts to rape him in He stated that after he and Gacy had returned to his home after the December 13 search of his property, Gacy had turned pale after seeing a clot of mud on his carpet which he suspected had come from his crawl space.

Cram said Gacy had grabbed a flashlight and immediately entered the crawl space to look for evidence of digging. When asked whether he had been to the crawl space, Cram replied he had once been asked by Gacy to spread lime down there and had also dug trenches, which Gacy had explained were for drainage pipes.

Cram stated these trenches were 2 feet 0. On the evening of December 20, Gacy drove to his lawyers' office in Park Ridge to attend a scheduled meeting, ostensibly to discuss the progress of his civil suit.

On his arrival Gacy appeared disheveled and immediately asked for an alcoholic drink, whereupon Sam Amirante fetched a bottle of whiskey from his car.

On his return, Amirante asked Gacy what he had to discuss with them. Gacy picked up a copy of the Daily Herald from Amirante's desk, pointed to a front-page article covering the disappearance of Robert Piest and said, "This boy is dead.

He's in a river. Gacy then proceeded to give a rambling confession that ran into the early hours of the following morning.

He began by informing Amirante and Stevens he had "been the judge Gacy dismissed his victims as " male prostitutes ", "hustlers" and "liars" to whom he gave "the rope trick", adding he sometimes awoke to find "dead, strangled kids" on his floor, with their hands cuffed behind their back.

As a result of the alcohol he had consumed, Gacy fell asleep midway through his confession. Amirante immediately arranged a psychiatric appointment for Gacy at a.

On awakening several hours later, Gacy shook his head when informed by Amirante he had confessed to killing approximately 30 people, saying, "Well, I can't think about this right now.

I've got things to do. Gacy later recollected his memories of his final day of freedom as being "hazy", adding he knew his arrest was inevitable and that he intended to visit his friends and say his final farewells.

After leaving his lawyers' office, Gacy drove to a gas station where, in the course of filling his rental car, he handed a small bag of cannabis to the attendant, who immediately handed the bag to the surveillance officers, adding that Gacy had told him, "The end is coming for me.

These guys are going to kill me. Gacy hugged Rhode before bursting into tears and saying, "I've been a bad boy. I killed thirty people, give or take a few.

As he drove along the expressway, the surveillance officers noted he was holding a rosary to his chin, praying while he drove.

As Gacy spoke with him, Cram informed the surveillance officers that Gacy had told him and Rossi that he had confessed to over 30 murders with his lawyers the previous evening.

Gacy then had Cram drive him to Maryhill Cemetery, where his father was buried. As Gacy drove to various locations that morning, police outlined the formal draft of their second search warrant, specifically to search for the body of Robert Piest in the crawl space.

On hearing from the surveillance detectives that, in light of his erratic behavior, Gacy may be about to commit suicide, police decided to arrest him on a charge of possession and distribution of cannabis in order to hold him in custody, as the formal request for a second search warrant was presented.

Peters granted the request for a second search warrant. Armed with the signed search warrant, police and evidence technicians drove to Gacy's home.

On their arrival, officers found Gacy had unplugged his sump pump , flooding the crawl space with water; to clear it, they simply replaced the plug and waited for the water to drain.

After it had done so, evidence technician Daniel Genty entered the byfoot 8. Genty immediately shouted to the investigators that they could charge Gacy with murder, adding, "I think this place is full of kids".

A police photographer then dug in the northeast corner of the crawl space, uncovering a patella. The two then began digging in the southeast corner, uncovering two lower leg bones.

The victims were too decomposed to be Piest. As the body discovered in the northeast corner was later unearthed, a crime scene technician discovered the skull of a second victim alongside this body.

Later excavations of the feet of this second victim revealed a further skull beneath the body. After being informed that the police had found human remains in his crawl space and that he would now face murder charges, Gacy told officers he wanted to "clear the air", adding he had known his arrest was inevitable since the previous evening, which he had spent on the couch in his lawyers' office.

In the early morning hours of December 22, and in the presence of his lawyers, Gacy provided a formal statement in which he confessed to murdering approximately 30 young males—all of whom he claimed had entered his house willingly.

When shown a driver's license issued to a Robert Hasten which had been found on his property, Gacy claimed not to know him but admitted this license had been in the possession of one of his victims.

When questioned specifically about Piest, Gacy confessed to luring him to his house and strangling him on the evening of December He also admitted to having slept alongside Piest's body that evening, before disposing of the corpse in the Des Plaines River in the early hours of December His vehicle had slid off an ice-covered road and had to be towed from its location.

Accompanied by police and his lawyers, Gacy was driven subsequently to the spot on the I bridge where he had confessed to having thrown Piest's, Landingin's and three other victims' bodies into the Des Plaines River that summer.

To assist officers in their search for the victims buried beneath his house, during his confession, Gacy drew a rough diagram of his basement on a phone message sheet to indicate where their bodies were buried.

Cook County medical examiner Robert Stein supervised the exhumations. The crawl space was marked in sections and each body was given an identifying number.

The first body recovered from the crawl space was assigned a marker denoting the victim as Body 1. Gacy had buried this victim in the northeast section of the crawl space directly beneath the room he used as his office.

The body of John Butkovich was labelled as Body 2. The search for victims was postponed temporarily over Christmas.

Four more bodies were unearthed on December A cloth gag was found in the mouth, leading investigators to conclude this victim most likely died of asphyxiation.

On December 27, eight more bodies were discovered. Both 14 and 15 were found with their head and upper torsos inside separate plastic bags.

Body 16 was found close to Body This victim was found with a cloth rag lodged deep in his throat, causing him to die of suffocation. The seventeenth victim was found with a ligature around his neck.

The following day, four more bodies were exhumed. By December 29, six more bodies were unearthed. Bodies 22, 23, 24, and 26 were buried in a common grave located beneath Gacy's kitchen and laundry room, [76] with Body 25 located beneath Gacy's bathroom.

Two socks were recovered from the pelvic region. The bones of victims 23 and 24 were commingled together, and a section of cloth was found inside the mouth of Bodies 24 and The final victim recovered from the crawl space was also found beneath the bathroom, buried ten inches below the surface of the soil.

This victim was found to have a section of cloth lodged deep in his throat. Operations were suspended due to the Chicago Blizzard of , but resumed in March despite Gacy's insistence that all the buried victims had been found.

All the victims discovered at W. Summerdale were in an advanced state of decomposition. Dental records and X-ray charts helped Stein identify the remains.

These identifications were also supported with personal artifacts found in Gacy's home. The head and upper torso of several bodies unearthed beneath Gacy's property had been placed into plastic bags.

In some cases, bodies were found with foreign objects such as prescription bottles lodged into their pelvic region, the position of which indicated the items had been thrust into the victims' anus.

Stein concluded 12 victims recovered from Gacy's property died not of strangulation, but of asphyxiation. The victim found 6 miles 9.

An autopsy was unable to rule out strangulation as the cause of death. Following Gacy's arrest, investigators discovered he was a further victim.

Frank Landingin's cause of death was certified at autopsy as suffocation through his own underwear being lodged down his throat, plugging his airway and effectively causing him to drown in his own vomit.

He was assigned victim number On December 28, one further body linked to Gacy was found 1 mile 1. This victim was identified as James Mazzara, whom Gacy confessed to having murdered shortly after Thanksgiving.

On April 9, , a decomposed body was discovered entangled in exposed roots on the edge of the Des Plaines River in Grundy County.

The body was identified using dental records as being that of Robert Piest. A subsequent autopsy revealed that three wads of "paper-like material" had been shoved down his throat while he was still alive, causing him to suffocate.

Gacy was brought to trial on February 6, , charged with 33 murders. At the request of his defense counsel, Gacy spent over three hundred hours with doctors at the Menard Correctional Center in Chester in the year before his trial.

He underwent a variety of psychological tests before a panel of psychiatrists to determine whether he was mentally competent to stand trial.

When Gacy had confessed to police, he claimed to be relaying the crimes of Jack, who detested homosexuality and who viewed male prostitutes as "weak, stupid and degraded scum".

Presenting Gacy as a Jekyll and Hyde character, the defense produced several psychiatric experts who had examined Gacy. The prosecutors presented the case that Gacy was sane and in full control of his actions.

Those doctors refuted the defense doctors' claims of multiple personalities and insanity. Cram and Rossi testified that Gacy had made them dig drainage trenches and spread bags of lime in his crawl space.

On February 18 Robert Stein testified that all the bodies recovered from Gacy's property were "markedly decomposed [and] putrefied, skeletalized remains", and that of all the autopsies he performed, thirteen victims had died of asphyxiation, six of ligature strangulation, one of multiple stab wounds to the chest and ten in undetermined ways.

Jeffrey Rignall testified on behalf of the defense on February Asked whether Gacy appreciated the criminality of his actions, Rignall said he believed that Gacy was unable to conform his actions to the law's expectations because of the "beastly and animalistic ways he attacked me".

On February 29, Donald Voorhees, whom Gacy sexually assaulted in , testified to his ordeal at Gacy's hands and his subsequent attempts to dissuade him from testifying by paying another youth to spray Mace in his face and beat him.

Voorhees felt unable to testify but did briefly attempt to do so before being asked to step down. Robert Donnelly testified the week after Voorhees, recounting his ordeal at Gacy's hands in December Donnelly was visibly distressed as he recalled the abuse he endured and came close to breaking down several times.

As Donnelly testified, Gacy repeatedly laughed at him, but Donnelly finished his testimony. During the fifth week of the trial, Gacy wrote a personal letter to Judge Garippo requesting a mistrial for a number of reasons, including that he did not approve of his lawyers' insanity plea; that his lawyers had not allowed him to take the witness stand as he had wanted to do ; that his defense had not called enough medical witnesses, and that the police were lying with regard to verbal statements he had purportedly made to detectives after his arrest and that, in any event, the statements were "self-serving" for use by the prosecution.

On March 11, final arguments by both prosecution and defense attorneys began; they concluded the following day. Prosecuting attorney Terry Sullivan spoke first, outlining Gacy's history of abusing youths, the testimony of his efforts to avoid detection and describing his surviving victims—Voorhees and Donnelly—as "living dead".

Referring to Gacy as the "worst of all murderers", Sullivan stated, "John Gacy has accounted for more human devastation than many earthly catastrophes, but one must tremble.

I tremble when thinking about just how close he came to getting away with it all. After the state's four-hour closing, counsel Sam Amirante spoke for the defense.

Amirante argued against the testimony delivered by the doctors who had testified for the prosecution, repeatedly citing the testimony of the four psychiatrists and psychologists who had testified on behalf of the defense.

The defense lawyer attempted to portray Gacy as a "man driven by compulsions he was unable to control", contending the State had not met their burden of proving Gacy sane beyond a reasonable doubt.

In support of these arguments, the defense referred to the testimony of the doctors who had appeared for the defense, in addition to defense witnesses such as Jeffrey Rignall and a former business associate of Gacy's—both of whom had testified to their belief that Gacy had been unable to control his actions.

Amirante then urged the jury to put aside any prejudice they held against his client and asked they deliver a verdict of not guilty by reason of insanity, adding that Gacy was a danger to both himself and to others, and that studying his psychology and behavior would be of benefit to science.

On the morning of March 12, William Kunkle continued to argue for the prosecution. Kunkle also referred to the testimony of one of the doctors who had examined Gacy in and had concluded he was an antisocial personality, capable of committing crimes without remorse and unlikely to benefit from social or psychiatric treatment, stating that had the recommendations of this doctor been heeded, Gacy would have not been freed.

At the close of his argument, Kunkle removed photos of Gacy's 22 identified victims from a display board and asked the jury not to show sympathy but to "show justice".

Kunkle then asked the jury to "show the same sympathy this man showed when he took these lives and put them there! After Kunkle had finished his testimony, the jury retired to consider their verdict.

The jury deliberated for less than two hours and found Gacy guilty of 33 charges of murder; he was also found guilty of sexual assault and taking indecent liberties with a child; both convictions in reference to Robert Piest.

In the sentencing phase of the trial, the jury deliberated for more than two hours before sentencing Gacy to death for each murder committed after the Illinois statute on capital punishment came into effect in June On being sentenced, Gacy was transferred to the Menard Correctional Center, where he remained incarcerated on death row for 14 years.

On February 15, , Henry Brisbon, a fellow death row inmate known as the I killer, stabbed Gacy in the upper arm with a sharpened wire as Gacy was participating in a voluntary work program.

A second death row inmate injured in the attack, William Jones, received a superficial stab wound to the head.

Both received treatment in the prison hospital for their wounds. After his incarceration, Gacy read numerous law books and filed voluminous motions and appeals, although he did not prevail in any of them.

His appeals related to issues such as the validity of the first search warrant granted to the Des Plaines police on December 13, , and his objection to his lawyers' insanity plea defense at his trial.

Gacy also contended that, although he had "some knowledge" of five of the murders those of McCoy, Butkovich, Godzik, Szyc and Piest , the other 28 murders had been committed by employees who had keys to his house while he was away on business trips.

In mid, the Supreme Court of Illinois upheld Gacy's conviction and ordered his execution by lethal injection on November The following year, Gacy filed a further post-conviction petition, seeking a new trial.

His then-defense lawyer, Richard Kling , argued that Gacy had been provided with ineffective legal counsel at his trial.

This post-conviction petition was dismissed on September 11, Gacy appealed the decision that he be executed. The Illinois Supreme Court upheld his conviction on September 29, , setting a new execution date of January 11, After the U.

That afternoon, he was allowed a private picnic on the prison grounds with his family. For his last meal , Gacy ordered a bucket of KFC, a dozen fried shrimp , french fries, fresh strawberries, and a Diet Coke.

Before the execution began, the chemicals used to effect the execution solidified unexpectedly, clogging the IV tube used to administer the chemicals into Gacy's arm, complicating the procedure.

Blinds covering the window through which witnesses observed the execution were drawn. The execution team replaced the clogged tube.

After ten minutes, the blinds were reopened, and the execution resumed. The entire procedure took 18 minutes. This error apparently led to Illinois' adopting an alternative method of lethal injection.

On this subject, one prosecutor at Gacy's trial, William Kunkle, said, "He got a much easier death than any of his victims. According to published reports, Gacy was a diagnosed psychopath who did not express any remorse for his crimes.

In the hours leading up to Gacy's execution, a crowd estimated at over 1, gathered outside the correctional center; a vocal majority were in favor of the execution, although a number of anti-death penalty protesters were also present.

After Gacy's death was confirmed at a. It is in the possession of Helen Morrison , a witness for the defense at Gacy's trial, who has interviewed Gacy and other serial killers in an attempt to isolate common personality traits of violent sociopaths.

Only 27 of Gacy's victims were conclusively identified. Six victims have never been identified. Dental records confirmed their identities on December 29, The thirty-third victim linked to Gacy, James Mazzara, was identified the following day.

Four further victims were identified on January 6. The first victim exhumed from the crawl space was identified as Jon Prestidge, and the victim labelled Body 16 as Russell Nelson.

A fishing license issued to Bonnin had been found previously in Gacy's home. Two days later, Body 8 was identified as Matthew Bowman. Two months later, on March 17, the twenty-second victim recovered from Gacy's property was identified using dental records as William Carroll.

Winch was identified via X-ray records of a distinctive healed bone fracture. A distinctive brown "tiger's eye" metal buckle with black striping belonging to Winch was also found alongside his body.

Using dental records, the sixth victim exhumed from Gacy's property was identified on November 14, , as Samuel Stapleton.

In March , Bodies 14 and 15 were identified using dental records and radiology images as those of Michael Marino and Kenneth Parker.

Their identities were confirmed too late to include among the victims identified before Gacy's trial. In October , Cook County Sheriff Thomas Dart announced that investigators, having obtained full DNA profiles from each of the unidentified victims, were to renew their efforts to identify them.

At a press conference held to announce this, Sheriff Dart stated investigators are actively seeking DNA samples from individuals across the United States related to any male missing between and Results of tests conducted thus far have confirmed the identification of two victims, ruled out the possibility of numerous other missing youths as being victims of Gacy, [] [] and solved four unrelated cold cases dating between and Six victims remain unidentified, five of whom had been buried beneath Gacy's crawl space, and one buried approximately 15 feet 4.

Based on Gacy's confession, the location of the victims buried in the crawl space, and forensic analysis, police determined the most likely dates for when his unidentified victims were killed.

He was buried near Gacy's barbecue pit, possibly in This man had two missing upper front teeth at the time of his disappearance, leading investigators to believe he likely wore a denture.

He was almost certainly murdered between June 13 and August 5, Body 13 was a man likely to have been murdered between August and October He had long, dark brown, wavy hair and was between 17 and 22 years old.

This victim is known to have suffered from an abscessed tooth , and may have injured his left third rib months or years before his disappearance.

Summerdale, Gacy had him dig a trench in the southwest corner of the crawl space where this victim was recovered. He had light brown hair.

It is theorized Cram may not have lived with Gacy at the time of this victim's death, so a possible date for this murder is between August 6 and 20, , although investigators have not discounted the possibility he may have been murdered later in He had suffered a fractured left collarbone months or years before his disappearance.

Statements made by Gacy following his arrest also suggest this unidentified victim may have been murdered as early as At the time of Gacy's arrest, he had claimed to both Des Plaines and Chicago investigators that the total number of murder victims could be as high as Investigators excavated the grounds of his property until they had exposed the substratum of clay beneath the foundations, finding 29 bodies.

He confessed to having disposed of five bodies in this manner; however, only four bodies recovered from the Des Plaines River were linked to him.

Disputed DNA and dental tests conducted between and indicate that neither body found in the common grave in Gacy's crawl space and identified as those of Kenneth Parker and Michael Marino in was actually Marino.

In addition, the dental X-ray conducted on the victim identified as Michael Marino had revealed they had all of their second molars ; a dental X-ray conducted on Marino in March revealed one molar had not erupted.

He had been missing since May Moreover, Rossi had stated that Hattula was known to have conflicts with Gacy, and when he had "failed to show up at work", Gacy had informed him and several other employees that he had drowned.

However, Des Plaines authorities had contacted Freeport during their investigation into Gacy, and were told Hattula had fallen to his death from a bridge.

Inoltre, scoprirono di aver confiscato anche una ricevuta, appartenuta ad un collega di Robert Priest, che l'aveva data a Robert il giorno prima della sua scomparsa.

Pensando di stare per assistere ad un simpatico gioco di prestigio, le ignare vittime accettavano tranquillamente di farsi ammanettare.

Fatto questo Gacy stuprava i ragazzi e al tempo stesso li uccideva strangolandoli con una corda al collo. Ammise inoltre che alcune volte aveva nascosto per diverse ore i corpi sotto il letto prima di seppellirli nell'intercapedine della casa.

Altre cinque vittime invece furono buttati nel fiume. Meno di un'ora dopo che gli scavi sotto la casa di Gacy cominciarono, venne ritrovato il primo cadavere.

Alla fine di gennaio la polizia e la squadra che aveva provveduto agli scavi, avevano svuotato l'intera intercapedine sotto la casa, riesumando in totale 27 cadaveri.

Gli scavi avevano impegnato diverso tempo per via del terreno ghiacciato ed il freddo invernale. Nel frattempo che gli scavi proseguivano, erano stati ritrovati anche 4 cadaveri nel fiume, che erano stati collegati subito a Gacy, per via di documenti ed altri effetti personali che erano stati ritrovati in casa del killer durante la perquisizione.

Dopo la riesumazione, procedendo all'identificazione dei corpi, la polizia si rese conto che si trattava di vittime di sesso maschile, nella stragrande maggioranza adolescenti, tranne qualche ragazzo che aveva superato i vent'anni.

Un altro particolare venne poi reso noto dalla polizia. Venne sepolto in cortile con la corda utilizzata per strangolarlo ancora al collo.

La polizia non ritenne di indagare ulteriormente. La polizia gli credette e non fu sporta denuncia di reato. Il mese seguente, Gacy uccise William Kindred, 19 anni, che scomparve il 16 febbraio dopo aver detto alla propria fidanzata che andava a passare la serata in un bar.

Nel marzo , Gacy diede un passaggio sulla sua auto al ventiseienne Jeffrey Rignall. Appena entrato nell'auto, il ragazzo venne addormentato con del cloroformio e portato a Summerdale, dove fu sodomizzato, e torturato con vari strumenti; [58] anche Rignall fu poi rilasciato da Gacy.

Nuovamente la polizia venne informata dell'accaduto, ma decise di non investigare su Gacy. Il 12 ottobre il quindicenne Robert Piest scomparve dal luogo di lavoro, una farmacia di Chicago.

Lo scenario dei corpi all'interno della cantina fu particolarmente scioccante. Dopo un processo iniziatosi nel febbraio , il 13 marzo dello stesso anno John Wayne Gacy venne riconosciuto colpevole di omicidio plurimo e condannato a morte.

Molti dei suoi dipinti furono venduti nel corso di varie aste, con prezzi oscillanti tra i e i Mentre era detenuto in attesa dell'esecuzione, Gacy fece numerosi appelli per commutare la sentenza in carcere a vita, ma furono tutti respinti.

John Wayne Gacy fu giustiziato il 10 maggio per mezzo di un' iniezione letale endovenosa, pochi minuti dopo la mezzanotte.

La sentenza venne eseguita nella Stateville Prison di Joliet, Illinois. Nei mesi seguenti al decesso di Gacy, molti dei quadri per la maggior parte raffiguranti clown tristi e malinconici che egli aveva dipinto nel corso della lunga permanenza in carcere furono messi all'asta.

Diciannove dipinti furono messi in vendita dal solo Steve Koschal, che li aveva commissionati di persona a Gacy mentre questi era in carcere.

Mostre delle opere di Gacy si sono succedute fin dagli anni ottanta attirando curiosi attratti dal fascino sinistro dell'autore.

Il ricavato fu donato a diverse organizzazioni. Altri progetti. Da Wikipedia, l'enciclopedia libera. John Wayne Gacy. URL consultato il 15 novembre URL consultato il 6 novembre archiviato dall' url originale il 6 novembre Cook County Clerk Genealogy Records.

URL consultato il 2 marzo archiviato il 17 febbraio URL consultato il 18 luglio URL consultato il 7 dicembre Without Conscience.

John Gacy Navigation menu Video

John Wayne Gacy - Childhood - Biography John Gacy Schlimmer als jeder Horrorfilm: Vor 30 Jahren wurde John Wayne Gacy, der grausamste Serienkiller der USA, verurteilt. Der erfolgreiche. John Wayne Gacy: Defending a Monster: Defending a Monster: The True Story of the Lawyer Who Defended One of the Most Evil Serial Killers in History. John Wayne Gacy war ein US-amerikanischer Serienmörder, der in den Jahren von 19mindestens 33 Jungen und junge Erwachsene gefoltert.

John Gacy Inhaltsverzeichnis

Januar lockt Gacy den jährigen Timothy in sein Haus. David Cram, ebenfalls ein Teenager, der für Gacy arbeitete, wurde sein Opfer. John Gacy Anklage eines Jährigen, Gacy hätte sich sexuell an ihm vergangen, wird jedoch mangels Beweisen wieder fallen gelassen. Erstes Vergehen Gacy findet eine Anstellung in Springfield, heiratet kurz darauf eine Kollegin und tritt den Jaycees bei, einer Wohltätigkeitsorganisation Amerikanische Schauspielerinnen Förderung junger Erwachsener. Trotzdem erstattete Donnelly Anzeige gegen seinen Peiniger, allerdings stritt Gacy die Beschuldigungen ab und die Klage wurde zum Entsetzen Donnellys fallen gelassen. Die meisten Opfer waren junge, männliche Prostituierte. Letzte Überprüfung: 7. Junge Jahre John Wayne Gacy wird am Das letzte Opfer von Gacy war der jährige Robert J.


3 Gedanken zu “John Gacy”

Schreibe einen Kommentar

Deine E-Mail-Adresse wird nicht veröffentlicht. Erforderliche Felder sind mit * markiert.